天漢民族文化論壇

找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 6123|回复: 26

红楼梦曲英文版2

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-8-12 21:50:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Splendour at last. Loving affection in a mirror will be still more ephemeral than fame in a dream. That fine splendour will fleet how soon! Make no further allusion to embroidered curtain, to bridal coverlet; for though you may come to wear on your head a pearl-laden coronet, and, on your person, a jacket ornamented with phoenixes, yours will not nevertheless be the means to atone for the short life (of your husband)! Though the saying is that mankind should not have, in their old age, the burden of poverty to bear, yet it is also essential that a store of benevolent deeds should be laid up for the benefit of sons and grandsons! (Your son) may come to be dignified in appearance and wear on his head the official tassel, and on his chest may be suspended the gold seal resplendent in lustre; he may be imposing in his majesty, and he may rise high in status and emoluments, but the dark and dreary way which leads to death is short! Are the generals and ministers who have been from ages of old still in the flesh, forsooth? They exist only in a futile name handed down to posterity to reverence!

Death ensues when things propitious reign! Upon the ornamented beam will settle at the close of spring the fragrant dust! Your reckless indulgence of licentious love and your naturally moonlike face will soon be the source of the ruin of a family. The decadence of the family estate will emanate entirely from Ching; while the wane of the family affairs will be entirely attributable to the fault of Ning! Licentious love will be the main reason of the long-standing grudge.

The flying birds each perch upon the trees! The family estates of those in official positions will fade! The gold and silver of the rich and honoured will be scattered! those who will have conferred benefit will, even in death, find the means of escape! those devoid of human feelings will reap manifest retribution! Those indebted for a life will make, in due time, payment with their lives; those indebted for tears have already (gone) to exhaust their tears! Mutual injuries will be revenged in no light manner! Separation and reunion will both alike be determined by predestination! You wish to know why your life will be short; look into your previous existence! Verily, riches and honours, which will come with old age, will likewise be a question of chance! Those who will hold the world in light esteem will retire within the gate of abstraction; while those who will be allured by enticement will have forfeited their lives (The Chia family will fulfil its destiny) as surely as birds take to the trees after they have exhausted all they had to eat, and which as they drop down will pile up a hoary, vast and lofty heap of dust, (leaving) indeed a void behind!
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 21:51:13 | 显示全部楼层

葬花吟英文版

Flowers wither and decay; and flowers do fleet; they fly all over the skies;

Their bloom wanes; their smell dies; but who is there with them to sympathize?

While vagrant gossamer soft doth on fluttering spring-bowers bind its coils,

And drooping catkins lightly strike and cling on the embroidered screens,

A maiden in the inner rooms, I sore deplore the close of spring.

Such ceaseless sorrow fills my breast, that solace nowhere can I find.

Past the embroidered screen I issue forth, taking with me a hoe,

And on the faded flowers to tread I needs must, as I come and go.

The willow fibres and elm seeds have each a fragrance of their own.

What care I, peach blossoms may fall, pear flowers away be blown;

Yet peach and pear will, when next year returns, burst out again in bloom,

But can it ever be told who will next year dwell in the inner room?

What time the third moon comes, the scented nests have been already built.

And on the beams the swallows perch, excessive spiritless and staid;

Next year, when the flowers bud, they may, it’s true, have ample to feed on:

But they know not that when I’m gone beams will be vacant and nests fall!

In a whole year, which doth consist of three hundred and sixty days,

Winds sharp as swords and frost like unto spears each other rigorous press,

So that how long can last their beauty bright; their fresh charm how long stays?

Sudden they droop and fly; and whither they have flown, ’tis hard to guess.

Flowers, while in bloom, easy the eye attract; but, when they wither, hard they are to find.

Now by the footsteps, I bury the flowers, but sorrow will slay me.

Alone I stand, and as I clutch the hoe, silent tears trickle down,

And drip on the bare twigs, leaving behind them the traces of blood.

The goatsucker hath sung his song, the shades lower of eventide,

So with the lotus hoe I return home and shut the double doors.

Upon the wall the green lamp sheds its rays just as I go to sleep.

The cover is yet cold; against the window patters the bleak rain.

How strange! Why can it ever be that I feel so wounded at heart!

Partly, because spring I regret; partly, because with spring I’m vexed!

Regret for spring, because it sudden comes; vexed, for it sudden goes.

For without warning, lo! it comes; and without asking it doth fleet.

Yesterday night, outside the hall sorrowful songs burst from my mouth,

For I found out that flowers decay, and that birds also pass away.

The soul of flowers, and the spirit of birds are both hard to restrain.

Birds, to themselves when left, in silence plunge; and flowers, alone, they blush.

Oh! would that on my sides a pair of wings could grow,

That to the end of heaven I may fly in the wake of flowers!

Yea to the very end of heaven, Where I could find a fragrant grave!

For better, is it not, that an embroidered bag should hold my well-shaped bones,

And that a heap of stainless earth should in its folds my winsome charms enshroud.

For spotless once my frame did come, and spotless again it will go!

Far better than that I, like filthy mire, should sink into some drain!

Ye flowers are now faded and gone, and, lo, I come to bury you.

But as for me, what day I shall see death is not as yet divined!

Here I am fain these flowers to inter; but humankind will laugh me as a fool.

Who knows, who will, in years to come, commit me to my grave!

Mark, and you’ll find the close of spring, and the gradual decay of flowers,

Resemble faithfully the time of death of maidens ripe in years!

In a twinkle, spring time draws to a close, and maidens wax in age.

Flowers fade and maidens die; and of either nought any more is known.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 21:53:01 | 显示全部楼层

给金陵十二钗起英语名字

林妹妹大概是AMY
拉丁文意思是"被深爱的"。AMY给人的印象是个玲珑,纤细的女孩,并有着安静,沉着,有文化素养及宛雅的特质。

宝钗也许是CHRISTINA
同Christine。如此佳人!Christina被形容为美丽娇小的女子家境富裕,聪明世故。

元春大概IRIS
(希腊)"彩虹"。在人们眼中,Iris是高佻,苗条,细致,且自视甚高的女子

迎春可能是MARY
(希伯来)苦的意思,MARY 给人的印象是单纯的普通女孩,独立,安静并有点迟顿。

探春嘛……CANDICE
(希腊语),闪烁耀眼的。CANDICE令人想到身材高挑,美丽无瑕的女子,外向,直率,独立,而甜美。

惜春:ZOEY
同ZOE(希腊)生命之意。对大部份人来说,ZOE是美丽充满艺术气质的小孩,有趣但有点古怪

湘云:JESSIE
为Jasmine,Jessica的简写;Janet的苏格兰形式。Jessie是个中性名字令人想起可爱运动型的女孩,男孩子气,爱玩,善良,且聪明。(就这个吧)

妙玉也没什么,就TERESA
(希腊)收获者。TERESA被形容为美丽,黑发的女人,文静,直接,而且有着极虔诚的信仰。

李纨:IRENE
(希腊)和平,Irene给人的强烈的感觉是个适合文静,中年的爱尔兰女子,和善,有趣。

凤姐:OPRAH
(美国)同Opera,Opie。这个名字几乎和电视明星Oprah Winfee画上等号。Oprah给人的印象是霸道,美丽,积极,自以为是,大胆,聪慧,敏感。

可卿啊(我实在找不出什么东西):EMERALD
英语。实际上是一种绿宝石的名字。后变为女人名。
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 21:53:57 | 显示全部楼层

给金陵十二钗起英语名字

林黛玉:Lillian莉莉
薛宝钗:Eva伊夫
贾元春:Emma爱玛
贾迎春:Jane简
贾探春:Jessica杰西卡
贾惜春:Nancy南希
史湘云:Michelle蜜雪儿
妙玉:Erin爱尔琳
巧姐:Sue苏
王熙凤:Diana戴安娜
秦可卿:Linda琳达
李纨:Grace格蕾丝
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 21:56:40 | 显示全部楼层

史湘云的英文介绍

Shi Xiangyun (Chinese: 史湘云; Pinyin: Shǐ Xiāngyún) is a major character in Dream of the Red Chamber. She is Baoyu's younger paternal second cousin by the Dowager. Xiangyun is the favorite grandniece of the Dowager, Baoyu's grandmother.

Orphaned since infancy, she grew up under the watchful eyes of her wealthy maternal aunt and uncle. They use her unkindly to do embroidery and needlework for the family late into the night. Despite her misfortune, she is always cheerful and ready to play a small joke. Her cheer and open-heartedness make her pranks forgiven by most. Xiangyun is very learned. She is as good a poet as Daiyu or Baochai. She is also excellent in embroidery and is forthright without tact. Xiangyun is portrayed as a tomboy-ish girl. She looks fine in men's clothes and loves to drink and eat meat. Apparently an androgynous beauty, her cousins always beg the Dowager to send for her so she can visit them, for Xiangyun is a beautiful girl, good company and a wonderful visitor. In the end of the novel, Xiangyun marries but is soon widowed. She is one of "Jinling City's Twelve Beauties".

Trivia
Xiangyun's name translates to "River Mist". Also, Xiangyun and Baoyu's matching gold unicorns suggest that the would later have a close relationship as cousins.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 21:58:26 | 显示全部楼层

林黛玉的英文介绍

Lin Daiyu (林黛玉 pinyin: Lín Dàiyù), also spelled Lin Tai-yu, is one of the principal characters of Cao Xueqin's classic Chinese novel Dream of the Red Chamber. She is a well-educated and intelligent young woman who is portrayed in a highly sympathetic light. The romance between Daiyu and Jia Baoyu forms one of the main threads of the book and in many readers' eyes, Lin Daiyu is the book's leading lady.

Daiyu is an emotional girl, prone to mood swings. She is described as having been sickly and prone to illness since childhood; indeed, when she is first introduced, a couplet describes her "with a heart like Bi Gan's, yet even more intelligent; and with an illness like Xi Zi, yet even more beautiful". Daiyu Her character contrasts that of Baoyu's other cousin, Xue Baochai. Indeed, it has been suggested that the two women are complements of one another - each has exactly the attributes of Cao Xueqin's ideal woman which the other lacks. Baoyu's maid Skybright (Qingwen, 晴雯) is often considered to be Daiyu's "double," in that they have similar temperaments and a similar "ethereal" beauty.

Daiyu's emotional tirades make sense in the context of the supernatural. It is strongly suggested that Daiyu is a reincarnated vermillion pearl (the "Crimson Pearl Flower" in the Hawkes translation) that through good care by a spirit in the heavens (the reincarnation of which is strongly suggested to be Baoyu) was imbued with life. In exchange for this gift, the Vermillion Pearl vowed to be reincarnated as a human, and pay back her caregiver in the form of as many tears as a girl may weep in a lifetime. Born to a Soochow scholar-official, Lin Ruhai, and Lady Jia Min of Rongguo, a Jia Clan branch in Beijing, she was raised by her parents in her family's mansion in nearby Yangchow, where she gets an excellent education. During her childhood, a Buddhist monk once proposed to take her away as a sacrifice to save her from a tragic fate. This was of course, rejected.

The crater Tai-yu on asteroid 433 Eros was named after her.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 22:00:17 | 显示全部楼层

红楼梦的英语简单介绍

Also called "The story of the Stone (Shitouji 石头记)", this novel written by Cao Xueqin 曹雪芹 (d. 1763) is said to be the greatest masterpiece of Chinese fiction. A wide branched scholarship does not consent about the main theme of this novel, should it be a novel of sentiment, of Daoist-Buddhist enlightenment, of social observation, of the decay of an aristocratic familiy, or even a veiled attack on Manchu rule. The frame of the novel is the contest of a Buddhist and a Daoist priest who make be born a young noble boy called Jia Baoyu 贾宝玉 and his girl cousin Lin Daiyu 林黛玉. With a loving detail describing the life of the two cousins in a huge noble mansion, between gardens and palaces, the red thread is the triangular love between Baoyu, Daiyu and a second girl cousin called Xue Baochai 薛宝钗 that is of more plumper character than the ever sick Daiyu. Switching between their life, the divine world and dreams, Baoyu becomes deranged after the disappearance of a stone (the origin of the second title) he had in his mouth when he was born. Not knowing, his love Daiyu died, he is tricked to marrying Baochai. Becoming aware of being tricked, Baoyu leaves the world of the "red dust" and becomes a monk. With hundreds of persons and their stories, paralleling the life and feelings of servants to the life of the main persons, the story is very complex and full of symbolisms, but very interesting and convincing for its encyclopedic character, depicting the life of a noble familiy in the 18th century Qing China 清.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 22:02:14 | 显示全部楼层

刘备英文介绍

Liu Bei (161–223 AD), styled Xuándé (玄徳), was a general, warlord, and later the founding emperor of Shu Han during the Three Kingdoms era of China. Although having a later start than his rivals, also lacking both the material resources and social status they commanded, Liu Bei overcame his many defeats to carve out his own realm, that at its peak spanned modern day Sichuan, Guizhou, Hunan, part of Hubei, and part of Gansu.

Culturally, due to the tremendously popular novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong, Liu Bei is widely known as the ideal benevolent, humane ruler who cared for his people and picked good advisors. His character was to advocate the Confucian set of moral values, such as loyalty and compassion.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 22:02:51 | 显示全部楼层

张飞英文介绍

Zhang Fei (?-221 AD) was a military general of Shu Han during the Three Kingdoms era of China.

Zhang Fei was shown to have been a masterful general rather than simply a warrior. He treated his superiors with respect, but had little respect for his underlings. He was often warned by Liu Bei that his habit of over-punishing his own soldiers by lashing and killing would eventually bring himself disaster.

Zhang Fei married Xiahou Yuan's daughter, who was captured by Zhang Fei's troops as she was out gathering firewood. They had a total of two daughters, and the older daughter became the empress of Shu Han after marrying Liu Shan, with Zhuge Liang as the matchmaker. After Zhang Fei's eldest daughter had passed away due to natural causes, Zhuge Liang once again played the role of matchmaker, and Liu Shan married Zhang Fei's younger daughter, who thus succeeded her older sister to become the empress of Shu Han.

Zhang Fei is best portrayed through his description and actions depicted in Records of Three Kingdoms biography by Chen Shou. Some claim that Zhang Fei was also an excellent painter.

Zhang Fei was killed by his own men Zhang Da and Fan Jiang, while preparing his troops to attack the rival Eastern Wu to avenge the death of Guan Yu. Zhang Da and Fan Jiang went on to defect to Wu.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 22:04:06 | 显示全部楼层

西游记英文介绍

Outlaws of the Marsh
The novel "Outlaws of the Marsh" is somewhat like the Iliad and Odyssey... An ancient epic tale... no one remembers the period it was composed and immortalized.
One knows this story is based on real facts and has inspired many storytellers.
One knows the North Song Dynasty (XIIIth Century) lived its apogee and declined, a victim of corruption and decadence.
One finds historical traces of these outlaws who challenged the imperial authority and died under the executioner's blade.
At last, as anyone knows today that a man called Homer wrote the Iliad and Odyssey, no one doubts anymore that a man called Shi Nai-an wrote down during the XIVth century the novel Outlaws of the Marsh that reached us.
Everyone recognizes that Jin Sheng-tan, during the XVIIth century, published what is now famous as the original version of a novel that obtained the interest and infatuation of successive generations.
Water Margin or Outlaws of the Marsh ("All men are brothers" in Pearl Buck's translation, "Shui hu zhuan" in Chinese, "Au Bord de l'Eau" in French ) is an immortal novel because its tale is universal : it speaks of beings (outlaws but also notables, strong muscled heroes but also intellectual, anarchists but also philosophers...) who cannot bear injustice nor abuse nor arbitrariness...
That is the reason they are immortal and their popularity has lasted for centuries .
Discover the 108 heroes, the episodes , the paper-cuts representing them, the Beijing operas their fighting exploits inspired...
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 22:04:21 | 显示全部楼层

水浒传英文介绍

Outlaws of the Marsh
The novel "Outlaws of the Marsh" is somewhat like the Iliad and Odyssey... An ancient epic tale... no one remembers the period it was composed and immortalized.
One knows this story is based on real facts and has inspired many storytellers.
One knows the North Song Dynasty (XIIIth Century) lived its apogee and declined, a victim of corruption and decadence.
One finds historical traces of these outlaws who challenged the imperial authority and died under the executioner's blade.
At last, as anyone knows today that a man called Homer wrote the Iliad and Odyssey, no one doubts anymore that a man called Shi Nai-an wrote down during the XIVth century the novel Outlaws of the Marsh that reached us.
Everyone recognizes that Jin Sheng-tan, during the XVIIth century, published what is now famous as the original version of a novel that obtained the interest and infatuation of successive generations.
Water Margin or Outlaws of the Marsh ("All men are brothers" in Pearl Buck's translation, "Shui hu zhuan" in Chinese, "Au Bord de l'Eau" in French ) is an immortal novel because its tale is universal : it speaks of beings (outlaws but also notables, strong muscled heroes but also intellectual, anarchists but also philosophers...) who cannot bear injustice nor abuse nor arbitrariness...
That is the reason they are immortal and their popularity has lasted for centuries .
Discover the 108 heroes, the episodes , the paper-cuts representing them, the Beijing operas their fighting exploits inspired...
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 22:04:51 | 显示全部楼层

西游记英文介绍

Pilgrimage to the West
Journey to the West is a mythological novel based on many centuries of popular tradition. It was probably put into its present form in the 15708 by Wu Cheng’en (1500-82).
This lively fantasy relates the amazing adventures of the priest San-zang as he travels west in search of Buddhist sutras with his three disciples, the irreverent and capable on-
key, greedy Pig, and Friar Sand. The opening chapters recount the earlier exploits of Monkey, culminating in his rebellion against Heaven. We then learn how Sanzang became a monk and was sent on his pilgrimage by the Tang emperor who had escaped death with the help of an Underworld official.
The main story, the journey, takes the priest through all kinds of entertaining trials and tribulations, mainly at the
hands of monsters and spirits who want to eat him. Only the courage and powers of his disciples, especially Monkey, save him from death. Monkey is the hero of the fantasy, and the reader will soon learn why he has long been so loved in China. Will the pilgrims reach the Vulture Peak and obtain the Scriptures? The answer will only be found at the end of the lOO-chapter novel.
The story is as full of imagination as Monkey is of magic, and packed with incident and down-to-earth humour. The illustrations are from 19th-century Chinese edition. This is the first of the three volumes of the novel.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 22:09:37 | 显示全部楼层

再别康桥 英文版

Saying Good-bye to Cambridge Again --- by Xu Zhimo

Very quietly I take my leave
As quietly as I came here;
Quietly I wave good-bye
To the rosy clouds in the western sky.

The golden willows by the riverside
Are young brides in the setting sun;
Their reflections on the shimmering waves
Always linger in the depth of my heart.

The floatingheart growing in the sludge
Sways leisurely under the water;
In the gentle waves of Cambridge
I would be a water plant!

That pool under the shade of elm trees
Holds not water but the rainbow from the sky;
Shattered to pieces among the duckweeds
Is the sediment of a rainbow-like dream?

To seek a dream? Just to pole a boat upstream
To where the green grass is more verdant;
Or to have the boat fully loaded with starlight
And sing aloud in the splendour of starlight.

But I cannot sing aloud
Quietness is my farewell music;
Even summer insects heap silence for me
Silent is Cambridge tonight!

Very quietly I take my leave
As quietly as I came here;
Gently I flick my sleeves
Not even a wisp of cloud will I bring away
November 6,1928
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 22:10:45 | 显示全部楼层

沙扬娜拉》之第十八首——赠日本女郎

最是那一低头的温柔,
  象一朵水莲花不胜凉风的娇羞,
  道一声珍重,道一声珍重,
  那一声珍重里有蜜甜的忧愁。
  沙扬娜拉!
  most is the gentleness which that one lowers the head,
  looks like a water lotus flower extremely cool breeze charming,
  said treasures, said treasures in,
  that treasures has the honey-sweet sadness.
  Sha Yangna pulls!
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 22:12:10 | 显示全部楼层

徐志摩《偶然》

Fortuitousness
Being a cloud in the sky
On your heart lake I cast my figure.
You don\'t have to wonder.
Nor should you cheer--
In an instant I will disappear.

On the dark sea we encounter
In different directions of our own we steer.
It\'s nice for you to remember.
But you\'d better forget the luster
That we\'ve been devoted to each other.

我是天空里的一片云,
偶尔投映在你的波心——
你不必讶异,
更无须欢喜——
在转瞬间消灭了踪影。

你我相逢在黑夜的海上,
你有你的,我有我的,方向;
你记得也好,
最好你忘掉,
在这交会时互放的光亮!
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 22:16:32 | 显示全部楼层

《你是人间的四月天》

你是人间的四月天》
作者:林徽因
我说你是人间的四月天;
笑响点亮了四面风;轻灵
在春的光艳中交舞著变。
你是四月早天里的云烟,
黄昏吹着风的软,星子在
无意中闪,细雨点洒在花前。
那轻,那娉婷,你是;鲜妍
百花的冠冕你戴著;你是
天真,庄严;你是夜夜的月圆。
雪化后那片鹅黄,你像;新鲜
初放芽的绿,你是;柔嫩 喜悦
水光浮动着你梦中期待的白莲。
你是一树一树的花开,是燕
在梁间呢喃;你是爱,是暖,
是希望;你是人间的四月天!
《那一夜》
那一晚我的船推出了河心,
澄蓝的天上托着密密的星。
那一晚你的手牵着我的手,
迷惘的星夜封锁起重愁。
那一晚你和我分定了方向,
两人各认取个生活的模样。
到如今我的船仍然在海面飘,
细弱的桅杆常在风涛里摇。
到如今太阳只在我背后徘徊,
层层的阴影留守在我周围。
到如今我还记着那一晚的天,
星光、眼泪、白茫茫的江边!
到如今我还想念你岸上的耕种:
红花儿黄花儿朵朵的生动。
那一天我希望要走到了顶层,
蜜一般酿出那记忆的滋润。
那一天我要跨上带羽翼的箭,
望着你花园里射一个满弦。
那一天你要听到鸟般的歌唱,
那便是我静候着你的赞赏。
那一天你要看到零乱的花影,
那便是我私闯入当年的边境!
 楼主| 发表于 2009-8-12 22:17:59 | 显示全部楼层

《那一夜》

那一晚我的船推出了河心,
澄蓝的天上托着密密的星。
那一晚你的手牵着我的手,
迷惘的星夜封锁起重愁。
那一晚你和我分定了方向,
两人各认取个生活的模样。
到如今我的船仍然在海面飘,
细弱的桅杆常在风涛里摇。
到如今太阳只在我背后徘徊,
层层的阴影留守在我周围。
到如今我还记着那一晚的天,
星光、眼泪、白茫茫的江边!
到如今我还想念你岸上的耕种:
红花儿黄花儿朵朵的生动。
那一天我希望要走到了顶层,
蜜一般酿出那记忆的滋润。
那一天我要跨上带羽翼的箭,
望着你花园里射一个满弦。
那一天你要听到鸟般的歌唱,
那便是我静候着你的赞赏。
那一天你要看到零乱的花影,
那便是我私闯入当年的边境!
发表于 2009-9-8 16:41:45 | 显示全部楼层
哇,你真的是很强悍啊
发表于 2009-9-8 16:44:24 | 显示全部楼层
那些个人名是谁取的啊!
发表于 2009-9-8 16:44:55 | 显示全部楼层
还是觉得中文原版比较经典!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|天漢民族文化論壇 ( 鲁ICP备11028298号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 04:28 , Processed in 0.070965 second(s), 17 queries .